To make sure that your shoes keep on functioning adequately, one needs to reciprocate. Taking care of your shoes will assign them a longer life than what you expect. Cleaning of shoe also keeps your feet hygienic and away from any type of infection. You need to be taking more precautions if your shoe does not have a water-resistant or well-ventilated mesh fabric. It leads to moisture trapping inside the shoes. It can make your shoe smellier and untidy. Cleaning of your shoe is not as hectic as you think. People often procrastinate cleaning their shoes due to heavy work. However, here are some easy and hassle-free ways to keep your shoes neat and clean:
1. Cleaning daily use casual shoes:
These shoes are usually made from cloth fabric that accumulate a lot of dirt with due course of time. However, regular cleaning will ensure that you maintain your shoes properly. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Use a cloth or a shoe brush to wipe off the extra dirt and mud stuck to the shoe surface. It will ensure that your priming for cleaning of the shoes is done properly. If you do not have a shoe brush, you can use an old toothbrush as well.
- For preparing a cleaning solution, you have two choices. Either you can pour a small amount of dishwashing soap in warm water, or you can also go for the laundry detergent.
- After this, dip the brush in the cleaning solution and clean the entire shoe. Pay special attention to shoelace and soles. Make sure you remove all the dirt from the base of the shoe as well.
- Pour some clean water and wash the shoe. Use a microfiber towel to wipe off excess water from the shoe surface. After completing the entire process, leave the shoe under sunrays to dry organically.
- Always buy good budget casual shoes for long life.
2. Cleaning athletic shoes:
Athletic shoes can acquire a lot of mud due to your everyday activity. These kinds of shoes should be cleaned more frequently as there is more accumulation of sweat. Here is the easiest way to do it:
- Remove the large dirt particles from the shoe surface and sole with the help of a dry brush or wipe it with a cloth.
- These kinds of shoes are suitable for machine wash. However, there are some points that you need to watch. Make sure to pretreat the stains with a stain remover. It helps in loosening of the dirt particles.
- When you add it to the washer after pre-treatment, the detergent can act more readily on their fabric. Thus, stain removal becomes hassle-free with the help of pre-treatment.
- Once your shoes are out of the dryer, dry them out in a sunny day. It will ensure the total drying of the shoes so that you stay away from germs and infections. Sunrays also act as antimicrobials.
We hope that you can readily clean your casual shoes without giving a second thought now. Thanks for reading. Have a good day!