Uttar Pradesh one of the most popular and largest state in India. Uttar Pradesh is bordered on the north by Uttarakhand and Nepal, on the east by Bihar, on the southeast by Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh, on the south by Madhya Pradesh, and on the west by Rajasthan and Haryana, as well as Delhi, the national capital.
In the early 1960s, researchers looked at the growth of agricultural outputs in Uttar Pradesh as a result of the Green Revolution, as well as those in Punjab and Haryana, two of India’s most successful agricultural states. We also looked at the rise of agricultural inputs in the state of Uttar Pradesh through time to see if there were any intrastate differences in agricultural development trends between the between the state’s western and eastern regions.
The following areas will require significantly higher public investments and the attention of the state government in order for U.P. to achieve and sustain higher levels of growth in its agriculture and associated sectors: increased irrigation focus; increased agricultural research and development expenditures; capacity expansion in U.P.’s agricultural universities; crop diversification; revamping of the agricultural extension system to assist farmers in adopting new technologies; rural infrastructure development; and promotion of agro-based industries.
Uttar Pradesh’s economy is said to be built on agriculture. Uttar Pradesh is the state’s leading producer of food grains. Agriculture employs over 59 percent of the state’s residents. This page presents some essential information about agriculture’s involvement in the state’s development. It is believed that this information will be extremely important for the state’s future tests.
Important Facts based on Economy of Uttar Pradesh
Some essential facts about Uttar Pradesh’s economy.
1. The agriculture sector employs 59 percent of the people of Uttar Pradesh.
2. In the fiscal year 2016-17, the primary, secondary, and tertiary sectors contributed 24 percent, 27 percent, and 49 percent, respectively, to Uttar Pradesh’s economy.
3. Uttar Pradesh is the country’s top producer of milk. The state accounts for about 16.83 percent of the country’s total milk production. During the 2016-17 fiscal year, the state produced around 27.77 million tons of milk.
4. Food grain output in the state was 49,144.6 thousand tones in the fiscal year 2016-17. In 2016-17, it contributed roughly 17.83 percent of the country’s total grain production.
5.Rice, wheat, maize, millet, gramme, peas, and lentils are the principal food grains grown in the state. Pulses production in the state was 1,985 thousand tones in 2017-18.
6. Uttar Pradesh leads the nation in wheat, barley, sugarcane, potato, and lentil output.
The three districts in the state that produce the most mangoes are Lucknow, Saharanpur, and Bulandshahr.
7. In Uttar Pradesh, the two largest producers of Amla are Pratapgarh and Allahabad.
8. The state’s largest guava producers are Shahjahanpur and Farrukhabad.
9. In Uttar Pradesh, Barabanki is the leading opium grower.
10. The state’s lone opium factory is located in the Ghazipur area of Uttar Pradesh.
11. Sugarcane is the state’s most important cash crop. Meerut district sugarcane is regarded as the best.
13. Pilibhit, Saharanpur, Maharajganj, Deoria, Gonda, Bahraich, Basti, Rae Bareli, Ballia, Lucknow, Varanasi, and Gorakhpur are the state’s key rice producing districts. Are one of the popular known cities of Uttar Pradesh.
Agricultural University of Uttar Pradesh
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agricultural & Technology
- Narendra Deva University of Agriculture & Technology
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agri & Tech
- Banda University of Agricultural and Technology
- Monad University
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agricultural and Technology
- Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad.
- Sam Higginbottom University of Agricultural, Technology and Sciences (shuats university)
Uttar Pradesh has a diversified agricultural and with a rich heritage, building its agricultural with technique and intensified technology, with their improvisation there are many agricultural universities helping to take agricultural to boom with world’s upgradation, shuats university is one such university helping in booming the agriculture sector, and to prove the validation of these certificate transcripts plays a major role and to get transcripts from shuats university from a certified source called worldwide transcripts they are well equipped with their professionalism and can help you in getting your transcript certificate with easygoing process with less turn around time on the go.